Safety & reporting guides.
- Arabic edition of the Safety Handbook for Women Journalists
Produced by the International Association of Women in Radio and Television (IAWRT), in cooperation with Journalism & Media International Center (JMIC).
- Safety Tool-Box for Freelance Journalists, produced for the Freelance Journalism Assembly in collaboration with our partners ACOS Alliance and Frontline Freelance Register
- TV Production Guidance: Managing the risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in production making (UK)
- Verification Handbook for Disinformation and Media Manipulation, European Journalism Centre
- Sensitive remote interviewing tips, by Jo Healey, BBC Senior Journalist and author of ‘Trauma Reporting, A Journalist’s Guide to Covering Sensitive Stories’.
- How can journalists protect themselves during the COVID-19 pandemic?, International Journalists Network
- #CoveringCOVID: 6 recommendations for combating disinformation, International Journalists Network
- Seven tips for journalists reporting on COVID-19, Science Media Centre
- How to spot bogus science stories and read the news like a scientist, The Conversation
- How Journalists Can Address Mistrust in Pandemic Coverage and Help “Flatten the Curve”, Nieman Reports
- CPJ Safety Advisory: Covering the Coronavirus Outbreak, Committee to Protect Journalists
- How journalists can work from home securely, Freedom of the Press Foundation
- Covering COVID-19 and the coronavirus: 5 tips from a Harvard epidemiology professor, Journalists’ Resource
- Covering Coronavirus, Dart Center for Journalism and Trauma
- A Guide to Responsible Reporting Around Coronavirus, Poynter
- 7 ways to get your COVID-19 reporting to those who need it, American Press Institute
Mental health resources.
- Looking after your mental health during COVID-19.Prof. Anthony Feinstein tip sheet.
- News and mental health: What journalists should know, International Journalists’ Network
- Making the World Hurt Less: Enhancing Wellbeing During a Time of Stress, IWMF
- Newsroom Mental Health Resource Guide, RTDNA
- Mental health tips and resources for journalists, International Journalists’ Network
- Coronavirus: How to protect your mental health, BBC
- Mental health experts offer counsel on staying calm during coronavirus pandemic, The Washington Post
- How journalists can fight stress from covering the coronavirus, Poynter
- To stay or go? International freelancers face challenges during pandemic, International Journalists’ Network
- COVID-19 is spawning a global press-freedom crackdown, Columbia Journalism Review
- Press Freedom and Government Transparency During COVID-19, Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press
- Journalism hit hard by coronavirus, euobserver
- Slack group ‘Support for Freelance Journalists’
- Mapping the coronavirus pandemic in Africa, The Elephant
- Reporting Guideline about COVID-19 for Afghan Journalists, Afghanistan’s National Journalists Union
- The Global Health Crisis Reporting Forum, International Centre for Journalists
- Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Resource Center
- International Travel Guidelines, Centers for Disease Control