Please read these terms carefully. they apply to your use of the site at rorypecktrust.org and all its content and services.
YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF ANY WEBSITE OR SERVICE IN ANY WAY SIGNIFIES THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS. By accessing or using any Website or Service you also represent that you have the legal authority to accept the Terms on behalf of yourself and any party you represent in connection with your use of any Website or Service. If you do not agree to the Terms, you are not authorized to the site or its services.
The website, rorypecktrust.org, will be referred to as the ‘site.’ Rory Peck Trust will be referred to as ‘RPT’. Anyone accessing the site is referred to as the ‘user’.
2. Provisions and limitations of the Websites and Services
RPT makes the site available according to the terms on this page. In particular but without limitation, you may not use the site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, any applicable additional terms, or any other conditions or notices that are made available on this site, or by it’s hosting provider, domain provider or development partners.
RPT does not provide legal advice. Communicating through the site does not constitute legal advice and ou are advised to consult with your own legal counsel for such. All site services, information and functionality is offered on an “as-is” basis. RPT makes no warranties regarding anything on the site and disclaims liability for damages resulting from use.
3. Locations of site and jurisdictions
RPT offers and controls the site from its locations in United Kingdom. RPT makes no representations that the site appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you are accessing site from other jurisdictions, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local law. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Websites may contain or provide links to content (defined in Section 8, below) hosted on websites located outside of the United States of America.
4. User Conduct
Users agree not to use site to:
1. Post, use or transmit content that you do not have the right to post or use, for example, under intellectual property, confidentiality, privacy or other applicable laws;
2. Post, use or transmit unsolicited or unauthorized content, including advertising or promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of unsolicited or unwelcome solicitation or advertising;
3. Post, use or transmit content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or otherwise interfere with or disrupt the Websites or Services or servers or networks connected to the Websites or Services, or that disobeys any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Websites or Services;
4. Post or transmit content that is harmful, offensive, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, defamatory, hateful or otherwise discriminatory, false and misleading, incites an illegal act, or is otherwise in breach of your obligations to any person or contrary to any applicable laws and regulations;
5. Intimidate or harass another;
6. Use or attempt to use another’s account, service, or personal information;
7. Remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features that enforce limitations on the use of the Websites or Services;
8. Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the site, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the site, through hacking password mining or any other means or interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the site or any activities conducted through the site;
9. Use any means to bypass or ignore robots.txt, or other measures we use to restrict access or use of the site;
10. Impersonate another person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or
11. Post or transmit any personally identifiable information about minors.
In addition, you may not (and may not authorize another party to): (i) frame or otherwise co-brand the site (for example, by displaying a name, logo, trademark or other means of attribution of a third party that is reasonably likely to give the user the impression that that third party has the right to display, publish or distribute the site); or, (ii) use any aspect of the site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage or impair the site, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of this or any other website or service.
5. Terms Relating to content on the Websites and Services
1. Responsibility for content. You understand that all material, data and information, such as data files, written text, computer software, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, videos or other images (collectively, “content”) which you may have access to as part of, or through your use of, the site are the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated.
This includes assertions that persons may make, expressly or impliedly, about the provenance and ownership of content that they supply, upload, list and/or link to. You acknowledge that RPT does not make any representations or warranties about the content, including without limitation, about the accuracy, integrity or quality of the content made available at the instigation of users of the site. You understand that by using the site, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances is RPT liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to: any infringing content, any errors or omissions in content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, transmitted to, linked to or otherwise accessible or made available via the site.
6. Licenses Associated With content on the site
1. RPT content: All content (other than computer software) owned by RPT and made available by RPT on the site is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License, unless marked otherwise.
2. Your content: You retain the copyright of your content that you provide on the site or in connection with its services. You hereby agree that all content you voluntarily provide to RPT on or through the site can be licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License on the site, is not copyrightable by others, or is in the public domain. When you post content on the site you grant permission for the relevant URL to be associated with your content for purposes of that license. If content you provide is protected by copyright, then if it is not licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License, you must not provide it to RPT without specific arrangements beforehand.. For the avoidance of doubt, you may otherwise license your content on any terms or no terms at all, but upon uploading or supplying content protected by copyright to the RPT site, you are licensing such content under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License in addition to any such other license that may apply to your content. RPT has the right to reuse, quote or cite this content unless prior arrangements have been made..
3. Third party content: third party content and sites that RPT links to or embeds in the site or that are provided through the services, including but not limited to blogs and news feeds, are subject to the license terms accompanying such content. We encourage you to always verify the license of any such content before use.
4. Search Results: RPT provides website search tools as a service. As stated above, you should independently verify the terms of the license attached to any content you intend to use.
5. Content You Provide: You may only submit content to the site that you have the right to submit. This means that you can only submit content that you yourself create, that is in the public domain or that you have been expressly granted the right to submit.
Content that infringes the rights of any third party must not be submitted. You represent, warrant and agree that no content of any kind submitted, posted or otherwise shared by you on or through site violates or infringes upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights, or contains libelous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material. Further, you represent, warrant and agree not to submit any personally identifiable information, including any content containing personally identifiable information, about any legally minor person. RPT may, but is not obligated to, review your submissions and may delete or remove (without notice) any content in its sole discretion that RPT determines violates these terms or that may be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm or threaten the safety of others.
RPT does not endorse or support any content posted by you or any other third party on or through the site. You alone are responsible for creating backup copies and replacing any content you post on the site, and you authorize RPT to make copies of your content as we deem necessary in order to facilitate the posting of your content on the site or our other services. You may request the removal of your content from the site or our services at any time, and RPT will take reasonable assess the request, make a decision and remove such content (if warranted). RPT can only remove any such content from its own site at rorypecktrust.org and cannot remove content from email archives, external computers or devices, other websites or anything else beyond RPT control.. If you choose to remove your content, the Creative Commons license you granted when submitting such content will remain in full force and effect in accordance with its terms.
7. Use of content on the site.
You may use the content you find on the site in accordance with the terms of the license applicable to that content. For the avoidance of doubt, you must attribute all content (except public domain content) in the manner specified by the author or licensor (including attribution to any designated Attribution Party) and in accordance with the terms of such license and you must not remove or alter any copyright, trademark, name or other notice or legend that appears in connection with the content. You must not use the content for any commercial purposes. You represent and warrant to RPT that you will use any and all content on our site and services in accordance with the applicable license. You should be sure to review the terms of that license before you use the content to which it applies so that you know what you can and cannot do.By using the site, you agree that you are solely responsible for your use of any and all content made available thereon. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any content, including any reliance on the provenance, ownership, accuracy, completeness, or reliability of such content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any content made available on the site without your own independent evaluation of that content. RPT does not guarantee that content made available on the site does not infringe the rights of any third party.
8. Third Party Websites and Content; Links
The site may contain links to websites not controlled by RPT (“Third Party Websites”), as well as content belonging to or originating from persons or organizations other than RPT (“Third Party Content”). You acknowledge that Rory Peck Trust is not responsible or liable for any third party websites or any Third Party content, information or products made available at any Third Party website. You further acknowledge that RPT (a) is not responsible or liable for any Third Party websites or any Third Party content, information or products made available at any Third Party website; (b) has not reviewed any Third Party websites or Third Party content for accuracy, appropriateness, completeness or non infringement; (c) has not sponsored or otherwise endorsed Third Party websites or Third Party content; and (d) makes no representations or warranties whatsoever about any Third Party websites or Third Party content.
9. Participating in Our Community: Registered Users
RPT’s site at rorypecktrust.org has social and community interactivity in some sections and may add or enhance the site with more commenting, forms, accounts and forums in the future.
Registering for an account on the site is void where prohibited. Only persons who are of or older than the age to give informed consent to join an online community in their jurisdiction and fully competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations and warranties set forth in these terms and to abide by and comply with these terms may register for an account and use the related services and functionality provided. Any registration by, use of or access to the site, its tools and functionality as a registered user by any minor (as defined by your local jurisdiction) without parental or guardian permission, is unauthorized, unlicensed and a violation of these terms. By registering for an account on the site or using the related Services, you represent and warrant that you are the age of consent to do so in your jurisdiction, and you further agree to abide by all of the terms and conditions of these terms and any applicable additional terms.
Services offered to registered users are provided subject to these terms and any additional terms specified on this page or elsewhere on the site. RPT reserves the right to modify or discontinue the accounts of registered users and any related services at any time. RPT disclaims any and all liability to registered users and third parties in the event RPT exercises its right to modify or discontinue user accounts or related services.
9.1 Registration; Security.
You agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about you, if and as may be prompted by the registration process on the any of the Websites, (b) maintain the security of your password(s) and identification, (c) maintain and promptly update your registration information and any other information you provide to RPT or the site, and to keep it accurate and complete to, among other things, allow us to contact you, and (d) be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account. It is your responsibility to ensure that RPT and/or the site has up-to-date contact information for you. You may not set up an account or membership on behalf of another individual or entity unless you are authorized to do so.
9.2 No Membership in Rory Peck Trust.
As used in these terms, “registered user” means a person who has registered and obtained an account on one rorypecktrust.org or any of RPTs other sites or services. Becoming a registered user or using any of the related websites or services does not and shall not be deemed to make you a member or affiliate of RPT for any purposes whatsoever, nor shall you have any of the rights of a statutory member. You have no rights to represent yourself as a representative or speak on behalf of RPT.
9.3 Termination and Inactivation of User Accounts
Your participation as a registered user and use the related services terminates automatically upon your breach of any of these terms or applicable additional terms.
In addition, RPT may, at any time: (a) modify, suspend or terminate the operation of or access to your user account for any reason; (b) modify or change such website and services and any applicable terms and policies governing your user account and related websites and services for any reason; and (c) interrupt user accounts and related website and services for any reason, all as RPT deems appropriate in its discretion. Your access to your account, and use of the related site or services may be terminated by you or by RPT at any time and for any reason whatsoever, without notice. RPT retains the right to hold on to records that your account has once been active if it has been de-activated.
In addition, RPT reserves the right to delete and purge any account and all Content associated therewith following any prolonged period of inactivity, all as may be determined by RPT in its complete discretion.
10. Disclaimer of warranties
To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, rory peck trust offers the website and services as-is and makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the website or services, express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, without limitation, warranties of title, merchantibility, fitness for a particular purpose, or noninfringement.
Rory peck trust does not warrant that the functions or content contained on the website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that rpt’s servers are free of viruses or other harmful components. Rory peck trust does not warrant or make any representation regarding use or the result of use of the content in terms of accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
11. Limitation of liability
Except to the extent required by applicable law and then only to that extent, in no event will rory peck trust, its employees, officers, directors, affiliates or agents (“the rory peck trust parties”) be liable to you on any legal theory for any incidental, direct, indirect, punitive, actual, consequential, special, exemplary or other damages, including without limitation, loss of revenue or income, lost profits, pain and suffering, emotional distress, cost of substitute goods or services, or similar damages suffered or incurred by you or any third party that arise in connection with the website or services (or the termination thereof for any reason), even if the rory peck trust parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The rory peck trust parties shall not be responsible or liable whatsoever in any manner for any content posted on the website (including claims of infringement relating to content posted on the website, for your use of the website and services, or for the conduct of third parties whether on the website, in connection with the services or otherwise relating to the website or services.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Rory Peck Trust parties (defined above) from and against any and all loss, expenses, damages, and costs, including without limitation reasonable attorneys fees, resulting, whether directly or indirectly, from your violation of the Terms. You also agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Rory Peck Trust parties from and against any and all claims brought by third parties arising out of your use of the site, services and content you make available by any means, including without limitation through a posting, a link, reference to content, or otherwise.
This site may contain trademarks, service marks, logos and other names that are the property of RPT or other parties as indicated with respect to their names or icons. In the case of Rory Peck Trust is the sole owner of its trademarks and third party trademarks displayed in the site are owned by the entitites they represent. Users must refer to trademark holders for details on fair usage as allowed and limited under local jurisdictions.
15. Copyright information
Rory Peck Trust respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we prohibit users of our site from submitting, uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting any materials that violate another person’s intellectual property rights. Issues, concerns or complaints about content use with regards to copyright can be made to email@example.com, or: The Rory Peck Trust, Linton House, 24 Wells Street, London, W1T 3PH, Tel: +44 (0)203 219 7860.
Additionally, it is our policy to terminate usage rights and any applicable user accounts of users we determine to be “repeat infringers” of others’ copyrights.
Content hosted on third party websites is the responsibility of those websites, and not of Rory Peck Trust, regardless of whether the content had been previously published at rorypecktrust.org or in any RPT material. If you are the copyright owner of content hosted on a third party site without your permission, and you have not authorized the use of that content, please contact the administrator of the hosting website directly to have the content removed.
16. Termination of this Agreement
Rory Peck Trust may, at any time: (a) modify, suspend or terminate the operation of or access to any part or portion of the site or its services; (b) modify or change the site or services and functionality for any reason; (c) interrupt the operation of any part or all of the site for any reason, all as RPT deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
Your access to, and use of, the site may be terminated by you or by Rory Peck Trust at any time and for any reason. Rory Peck Trust will use reasonable efforts to notify you in advance about any material modification, suspension or termination.
The disclaimer of warranties, the limitation of liability and the jurisdiction and applicable law provisions shall survive any termination. The license grants mentioned herein shall continue in effect subject to the terms of the applicable license.
These terms and any applicable additional terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Rory Peck Trust relating to the website and its services and functions, and supersede all other communications (with the exception of future amendments) between you and RPT.
18. Terms effective date, sources, updates and credits
content on this site is published under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License unless otherwise noted. Content rights of Rory Peck Awards submissions are retained by the creators.