In partnership with Meta
The Resilience Programme provides specialist trauma-informed training and access to psychological treatment, enabling freelance journalists to develop the skills they need to build resilience when exposed to conflict or covering traumatic events.
Trauma & Resilience Workshops
Resilience Programme workshops have now ended. We’ve been able to support 100 freelance journalists to complete this training, if you’d like to be added to the waiting list for any future opportunities to attend this workshop please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Each workshop offers two webinars, both 2.5 hours in length, led by specialised journalist trainers. The fully-funded workshops give journalists a safe space to learn more about trauma and how to build their resilience.
Past workshops have been held in English, Arabic, French, Russian and Spanish.
- What is trauma and how does it affect my work as a journalist?
- How to interview vulnerable contributors
- How to recognise mental health symptoms in yourself and others
- Resilience building techniques: how to practice self-care, lower stress and regulate emotions
- How to cover traumatic events ethically and safely and be prepared for possible psychological impact
All workshops will be held online via Zoom, so participants may be based anywhere in the world.
OUR TRAINING PARTNER
Dart Centre Europe is the regional hub for the US-based Dart Center for Journalism & Trauma, an international thought leader in trauma-informed media practice. Dart has for 20 years led the global debate on the training and support journalists need to cover traumatic events ethically and safely.
How to apply
Note: Limited spaces are available, early registration is recommended. Participants will need to pay a $10 deposit to secure their place, this will be refunded upon completion of a post-workshop feedback form.
Please note that the data collected through this form will be stored securely and the information will be accessible only to the partners involved in this project.
If you have any questions about the Workshops, eligibility or the status of your application, please contact us by email at: email@example.com
Who can apply
- are a freelance journalist whose sole source of income is within the media sector;
- are a freelancer who works in hostile environments or regularly cover challenging and potentially traumatic events;
- have been actively working as a freelancer for at least the last 12 months;
- do not have access to any other financial support or resources, i.e. government support or savings.
Priority will be given to those who have not completed similar training before; however, the course is open to those in need of a refresher.