Founded in 1995, the Trust has become a cornerstone of media freedom and is one of the only organisations in the world dedicated exclusively to supporting freelance journalists.
See below for current vacancies in our team.
Communications & Events Manager
Maternity Cover Contract from 1st November 2021 to 31st December 2022
Full-time position: £35,000
Essential skills and experience:
- A minimum of ten years working experience, preferably in a media, charity or NGO environment
- Experience of managing a six-figure budget.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of copywriting.
- Experience of managing the creation of marketing materials for print, online, digital and video.
- Experience of organising the editorial content of events and panel discussions
- Ability to manage own workload and fellow team members to ensure effective resource management to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Understanding of and respect for the requirements of confidentiality
- Right to work in the UK (we are unable to offer sponsorships)
Desirable skills and experience:
- Working with images and video (e.g. Photoshop, Adobe Premiere)
- A solid understanding of social media
- Experience of database usage and management (Submittable)
- A global outlook and an interest in international news and current affairs
- Understanding of the pressures and stresses of working as a freelancer in the media industry
The main priority of the role is to oversee the Rory Peck Trust’s Communications and Events, maintaining the Trust’s established status and reputation, with a particular focus on our flagship event of the year, the Rory Peck Awards, which contributes to core funding for the Trust through sponsorship, ticket sales and advertising.
Read the full job description for more details on the role and how to apply.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 3rd October
Time commitment: 4 Board meetings per year
The Finance Trustee will oversee the financial matters of the charity in line with good practice and in accordance with the governing document and legal requirements, and report to the Board of Trustees at regular intervals about the financial health of the organisation. They will ensure that effective financial measures, controls and procedures are put in place, and are appropriate for the charity.
Read full job description for more details on the role and how to apply.
Applications for this position will be accepted on a rolling basis until filled.